Self-care is not always a trip to a spa or going off the grid. Self-care can also be small steps to take care of ourselves physically, mentally, and emotionally. Sometimes it becomes easy to neglect our own needs while focusing on work tasks at the workplace.
Most of the people think that self-care is an after-work thing and the work should never be mixed with self-care. Well, you have got it wrong! Studies show that a whopping 52% of employees have unused vacation time. That’s a large amount of work and little play. Why suspend your health for after work hours when on an average a person spends one-third of his life at the workplace.
The Cost of Workplace Stress
Stress at workplace can’t be avoided. Stress when faced sometimes can be helpful in increasing your productivity by going in a hyper-productive state. But continuous stress has an adverse effect resulting in disturbed sleep cycles, digestion, and metabolism, making you less healthy. Bad health – mentally or physically – can lead to decreased productivity that affects teamwork. According to a study, workplaces that are taking steps to encourage employees to practice self-care are some of the best coworking spaces in India.
Here are some of the ways that can help you expand your self-care practices at work.
- Take a lunch break:Don’t make lunch break about just eating your food. Use this time to recharge yourself by doing something that can make you happy and productive.
- Opt for a standing desk:Simple changes like standing for small intervals instead of sitting continuously can go a long way. Opt for a standing desk or simply get up and take a quick round and avoid sitting- a new smoking.
- Keep on drinking water:Drinking water is one of the simplest and healthiest practices to incorporate at your workplace. It helps in staying hydrated as well as energized.
- Set communication boundaries:While sometimes people need to work after work hours also, it should be noted that employees are not expected to answer straight away.Best coworking spaces in India don’t just encourage the workers to work but they encourage them to work in a productive way.
- Ask for help when you need it:Don’t take the tasks that are mentally or physically trolling for you. Ask for help from your boss and co-workers when you need it. Always remember they are there to help you.
Self-care is something that cannot and should not be ignored. At iSprout, we try to provide all the amenities that can help the employees to practice self-care at the workplace. With the vibrant interiors to the facilities like recreational rooms, employees can fully utilize their break times to recharge themselves, making iSprout one of the best coworking spaces in India.